ECommerce is the bread and butter of every business currently looking to expand its market beyond its physical locations; companies like Amazon and eBay thrive solely on this method.
Companies that follow the traditional method picked up on this and rapidly expanded their income with a consistent return of investment on these newly implemented technologies, which stands at about 300%.
The numbers according to a study in 2017 show that customers have a 48% increase in revenue per hour of the chat; this same study shows that customers who use live chat before making a purchase have a 40% higher conversion rate.
Time is of the essence for customers when making their final decision, with a study from 2016 showing that 73% of customers would state that the best thing a company can do to provide excellent customer service is to value their time.
This same study would go to show that 53% of customers would abandon their online purchases if they could not quickly find an answer to the questions and doubts about the products or services they were getting.
Some of the benefits of a live chat for a business are:
- The customer gets in contact through the internet on a smart device or computer, this can be done at home or any location around the world.
- Customer achieves rapid direct interaction with an associate in real-time, primarily with minimal wait time.
- Fast responses to questions and doubts about a product or service, allowing them to make an educated decision about their final purchase of goods or services.
- The customer may close the sale with the associate or perform the final interaction through the e-commerce website saving the deal.
- Customers can get additional information about upcoming products and services, discounts, and other benefits, making for a great upsell opportunity.
- For customers with limited vision or hearing, there is the possibility of receiving assistance through embedded components through the live chat, removing the need for third parties of services.
- Live chat virtually removes the language barrier between the business and the client, allowing for tools to perform live translations and multilingual support, enhancing the quality of service provided to clients.
For the business there are additional benefits that can be easily reaped through the adoption of live chat:
- The interaction for a customer through live chat has a better acceptance with customers and higher customer satisfaction. A study from 2020 shows that live chat has an average of 73% satisfaction rate against 44% satisfaction from phone interaction.
- The same study shows that the cost for a live chat agent is at least 50% cheaper than a phone agent, the average cost per contact through the phone is 12 USD while live chat stands at approximately 5 USD.
- Businesses can catch issues with the website and services which may prevent the customer from performing their purchase of products and services, giving additional insight on what may be driving the business away
- Big data is an important word for every business, data obtained through live-chat interactions can be used to understand behaviors, interests, and interactions better and in turn, provide better customer service and services to the customer.
- Data also provides key information on how products and services are being received by clients, which has the highest demand, and what population is looking for them inside what region or countries
- Increase customer loyalty and create great branding, with customers choosing live chat over other options and studies going back from 2009 up to 2015 show that clients increased their decision for live chat from 38% to 65% on the span of six years.
With these numbers and benefits, it is clear why any business currently selling its products through an e-commerce platform can see an advantage over other companies in the same market.
It also helps to build better relationships with the client and increase loyalty to the business’s brand, ensuring clients return for more services and products instead of looking for other options.
Is your business already interacting with clients through live chat and getting all the benefits? Studies show that from 1000 selected websites, only 9% of them were using live chat as a method of interaction, and these companies were getting a clear advantage over the competition.
If you are not there yet RedialBPO can help you get the most out of this service and make the transition to achieve a larger loyal client base, excellent customer service, and a great return on investment.